Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
NOTE: As a NYC contracted agency all positions at Good Shepherd Services fall under the NYC vaccine mandate. All employees, volunteers and interns must show proof of vaccination upon hire.
For Full Time Employees Benefits/Perks:
The Job and Internship Coordinator provides assessment of program participants’ vocational/employment needs and work readiness. Develop appropriate internship and employment opportunities through ongoing outreach and contact with employers and follow-up. Work closely with Job and Career Specialist to provide range of individual and group job readiness and career exploration and development activities.
Reports to: Program Director
Location: 112 Schermerhorn, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
• Identify, develop and utilize tools appropriate to provide accurate assessment of participants’ work readiness.
• Outreach to potential internship providers and employers to identify and secure full, part time and summer internship and employment opportunities.
• Create and maintain internship opportunities (number to be specified).
• Match and place participants into placements developed.
• Oversee placement and monitoring of participants at internship/job sites and obtain employer feedback.
• Liaison with the Job and Career Specialist who facilitates workshops for participants on topics related to job and career readiness and exploration skills/competency development (i.e., resume writing, interviewing skills, completing job applications).
• Develop experiential learning opportunities for participants in the form of job shadowing, internships and related experiences.
• Develop curriculum and facilitate weekly seminar groups that meet once weekly for students in internship placements.
• Identify and develop linkages to on the job training programs and other related resources.
• Work closely with the Job and Career Specialist and other Good Shepherd Services team members.
• Attend weekly job/internship developer meetings.
• Statistical, narrative and record keeping accountability as required.
• Lead group facilitation.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience working with adolescents in employment or vocational field.
• Experience running small groups.
• Solid organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.