Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
NOTE: As a NYC contracted agency all positions at Good Shepherd Services fall under the NYC vaccine mandate. All employees, volunteers and interns must show proof of vaccination upon hire.
The purpose of the Case Aide is to provide is to facilitate case-related activities on behalf of the Case Planners. Provide administrative support to clients and their families, as well as help prepare and process case services forms, applications and other paperwork as needed.
Title: Case Aide
Reports to: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL SERVICES
Location: 337 E. 17th Street, New York, NY 10003
Hours: 35/hours; Non-Exempt (Schedule is ONSITE until advised otherwise by Manager)
Ensure that daily AWOC log is correct and cmoplete all paperwork to meet mandates for AWOC's
Maintain a flexible schedule – available on Saturdays when necessary.
• Responsible for completing progress notes and all necessary paperwork. Document all visits and contacts in CONNECTIONS.
• Supervises family visitation sessions in office and/or home settings; observes interaction of parent(s) and child during visits and takes notes regarding interaction of family.
• Ensure immediate and consistent parent – child visitation.
• Assist with supervision of agency family visits as needed between birth parents and children.
• Track activities and additional supports provided to families.
• Collaborate with case planning team to provide additional support to enhance visitation.
• Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team.
• Transports children and/or clients to and from supervised visits.
• Assist in handling service referrals for children and families.
• Escort children and parents to appointments.
• Connect parents/caregivers with community resources and support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective. Strong desire to work with children and families.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• High school diploma or GED minimum requirement.
• Knowledge of the New York City child welfare system a plus.
• Excellent verbal, writing and organizational skills.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.